Readers and Comments Welcome

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read my blog. The Yapping of a Canadian Mutt was created as an outlet for my personal frustration with the government system surrounding mental health issue. This is my personal way to create awareness.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What Happened to Mutts Caring For the Pack?

Here is something to ponder. About two weeks ago, I was in Wal Mart with a friend. A man ahead of us, who was mumbling to himself walked through the security panels and wouldn’t ya know it– they go off. This man was in 50′s and was clearly agitated over something. After the silly alarm sounded he shows more signs of anxiety. Only to walk out the doors and no taxi, so man walks back in, ask the Greeter why the Taxi isn’t there. The Greeter looks bewildered, and proceeds to ask the man if he needs help.

The Man then gets ever vocal, which causes the Greeter to vocalize too. Now the scene I am forced to endure is just plain ugly. It bothered me and other customers.

Now you and I know this is just everyday life, but as am noticing the mental health side of life, and the basic you have no right to treat me this way ((( selfish monster))). I have to wonder what the shopping day will be like as the population ages, and people grow less tolerant of any behavior.

While I don’t think people should be verbally abused at work. I think that people working within the public community should receive training in dealing with stressed people. People today seem to be in too much of a rush, to busy to take the time, and too lazy to be creative in dealing with these kinds of issues.

I believe that if we could all brush aside that ((((( me Monster)))) and stop to think about the person in front of us, maybe these little public scenes could be avoided. Think of this for a second, parents have been crying for years the TV and Games have demoralized our children. I say this, is it not us who are teaching our children the very same thing, when we ignore a person in need,or comfort. What message do we honestly say to our children and the world, when we treat so many people with indifference??

How hard is it to say the a man, gee I am sorry the alarm rang on you. I know they are loud and can hurt your ears. Are you looking for a taxi. Would you like me to call one. I am sorry one wasn’t waiting for you, as you expected, but I will call on now. And we can talk while we wait. There done! Situation changed, and just maybe in the process you will learn that his man has just placed his wife in hospital, and she maybe dying of cancer.

Some-days I wish for my magical wand that would take all negative scenes of my day and change them around. Well that magical wand may never come, so I will have to make the change one step at a time. Here is hoping some of you out there will be brave enough to do the same

No comments:

Post a Comment