Readers and Comments Welcome

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read my blog. The Yapping of a Canadian Mutt was created as an outlet for my personal frustration with the government system surrounding mental health issue. This is my personal way to create awareness.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Canadian Mutt Wants Government To Clean Up Their Waste Pile

Has the BC Government heard we are in very critical times? Yes, they know! I hear them babble ” lets cut this, trim the fat here and there”. What I want to know is did they trim the fat in personal expenditures. I will be the first to admit that administration costs for ministries are expensive, but I do take exception to excessive spending—- luxury spending.

My husband and I have run a family business for a number of years, and if we had to trim the fat, you can be assured he wouldn’t be dining clients, he wouldn’t make clients wait in line ups outside his doors, and he respond to clients in a timely matter with personal contact and care. All of this requires him to put an extra effort in, more work and less personal perk – socializing. The bottom line is he has to provide food and housing for us.

I would love to see the Liberal BC government’s personal perk tab, to see if they trimmed the fat there, before I accept cuts to some of the most needed programs- education, social assistance, housing for poor, mental health, and children. When spending in these programs have been trimmed to the point there is lean meat only. Crime increases, and health cost rise, do to the simple fact people can’t feed and house themselves properly.

The Liberal Government has been in power for how long now, but I still don’t see the 10 year health plan. I ‘ve wrote, Kevin Falcon, Minister of Health , numerous times since August 2009, ( 7 Months), but he has yet to personally email me, write nor call me on the phone. Then considering that the other ministers within his government have all done so in a timely and personal nature. Why haven’t you, Kevin Falcon? I can only assume that my concerns of mental health have no value to the BC Liberal government.

I would like to caution the Liberal Government of Canada, I remember how the people of Canada responded to the PC Party when they held the federal government and didn’t listen to the people. It’s the tax payers of BC that have you in Office and it is the tax payers that you are accountable to. So trim the fat if you must, just remember you can’t trim fat when the meat is already lean and raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment