Readers and Comments Welcome

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read my blog. The Yapping of a Canadian Mutt was created as an outlet for my personal frustration with the government system surrounding mental health issue. This is my personal way to create awareness.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bark-out-Loud!!! What a Joke BC Liberals Are!!!


BC'S Minister Of Health asked Health authorities to cut 10 % at gross. That is 45 million and where is this trimming to go? Well Minister answered" Other Ministries to prevention of health issues !!!"- But wait Liberals gave increase of 7%…….BUT where did the missing 3% go?? Yes cut -10% , give+ 7% = NO CUTS? Great accounting even grade 1 students can do better. ON the upside for Kevin Falcon, he can enjoy a glass of fine BC wine cheaper!!! HST will make booze cheaper, that is what Kevin call's prevention for Mental Health Addictions. What a joke! This is the Liberal 10 year Health Plan!!

My family racked up expenses from hospital visit and doctor appointments $ 10,000.00 in one year. Times the three years she was unstable and in and out of hospitals. This year our daughter was too sick for employment, but not sick enough to do nothing, her only motivator was interior decorating. There is no grants available for a person with mental illness for schooling. Another $10,000.00 in education and expenses, as the college couldn’t pro-rate the cost of course. Keep in mind this course was an outreach program for her social skills development. Did I get to collect any money on income tax for medical expenses?

I quit my job twice to be 24/7 nurse and support for my daughter, and unemployment has no benefits for this hardship. My husband lost contracts because he couldn’t work weekends. We made these choices for our daughter and focused weekends to her care, so our personal income was too low for deductions. Then CRA tells me to apply for a disability credit because we quality. Three times the Doctor filled out paper work wasn’t enough information for them, so denied. So yes I have made my contribution!

So Honourable Kevin Falcon, when stated “Whatever level of investment being made, the important element here is that individuals can make a difference. Individuals can make a contribution towards a sustainable health care system. I would hope that the public, any of the public that may be watching, will consider that as we go forward”

I was appalled! Kevin Falcon, you definitely didn’t do any research in the cost of a mentally ill child, nor did you investigate into the lack of programming and funds. You didn’t inform yourself as Minister of Health, or even take a personal interest into BC taxpayers, living with a mental illness within their families. May I suggest some reading for the BC Liberal Government, as you haven't read my letters or you would have been informed.

Below article written By Dr Stan Kutcher. Stan is associated with the Canadian Mental Health Commission. http://blog.teenmentalhealth.org/2010/05/21/early-onset-of-mental-disorder-hurts-–-in-your-wallet/



No comments:

Post a Comment