Readers and Comments Welcome

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read my blog. The Yapping of a Canadian Mutt was created as an outlet for my personal frustration with the government system surrounding mental health issue. This is my personal way to create awareness.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Will Canada's Camel's Back Break?

Every old grummpy man’s statement,” back in the day I remember when…..” Does each generation demoritalized so much that one has to wish for a return of similar days?

I spend the weekend nature camping. It reminded me of -” my Grampa’s simpler days.” I realized it isn’t the way of life that people long for, it is the meaning of life and the value of living enriched lives.

I was like everyone else blaming life’s trails on money, time, and demands of the go go go life style. Who is it ,that places this burden in our lives? Us, and we accept it. Why do we accept it?

We accept the pressure.It is normal to have run from our jobs to the numbers after school programs for our children. Because if we don’t, we are bad parents, we deny our children their right to- BETTER.

We gauge our success by what we can afford, the bigger house, the 2 vehicle yard, the seasonal toys ( boats, campers, four-wheelers and the 2 wheeler)and now a days the family vacation to destinations aboard.

Is BETTER worth it? Yes you can’t deny the family moments will have created memories that are priceless. My generation and me are banking on this. But then I look at the whole picture, how many of us didn’t have broken marriages? Over 90% of my graduating class has broken or failed relationships. How many of us have serious heath issues? How many of my friends died young? Is BETTER worth it.

Can there be a better way, to share family time and leave the pocket book at home? Have our own needs to afford BETTER, bite us in the @ss! When we asked for raises, who paid for them? Where did the money come from?

So employer raised prices to cover costs of wages, then the cost of product and inflation caused the purchase price to rise. WAIT A MIN—so I demand more money then prices go up. So I ‘am not making more, and I am no farther ahead.

I have to wonder what is the true cost of things? I wonder can the price of greed keep increasing or will it be the straw to break the camel’s back? I think my Grandfather’s dream for simpler days will come back, but at what cost? World clasps, global market crashed,and nations that are bankrupt? Greed or BETTER will have it’s end, what will mankind do after?

No comments:

Post a Comment