Readers and Comments Welcome

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read my blog. The Yapping of a Canadian Mutt was created as an outlet for my personal frustration with the government system surrounding mental health issue. This is my personal way to create awareness.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Canadian Mutt, Who is only a Mutt to all!!!

The system doesn’t support us. It actually hangs Canadian families out to dry. It’s an estimated cost of $10,000.00 dollars a year to care for my daughter. A family with two incomes is now down to one. So this added care cost is being supported by one income family instead of 2. As the Mom provide, 24 hr care for our unstable, house bound, violent and very abusive mentally daughter?

By mom being nursemaid, and sole caregiver–she is saving. Everyone tax payers dollars and health care dollars!! So I apply for a tax credit, ( we have been denied X3) this will only lower the federal taxes we pay. Then I have to question this, if my daughter is sick enough to get a pension income, than why can I get a tax break for the same child? It isn’t like the government is going to give my family extra income for caring for our sick daughter. I know there is income credits given to parents that has a child suffering from disability, but this doesn’t happen for mentally ill.

Government Support! What a slap in the face!

Thank you Mrs Dambrowitz for saving Canada tax payers $$$,but we can NOT nor will we support you.

I have subjected my family’s lives to be abused and victimized, because no one wants to hospitalize, a mentally ill a person who is clearly unstable for the last 5 years? Not even us her family, we have tried to avoid hospitalization.

But who is suffering. Who is being used and abused. After 5 years of continuous unstableness,yelling screaming, suicide watch, no sleep and all days event are scheduled around the mentally ill person living in your house. Now I have had 5 years experience dealing with our daughters mental illness.I really don’t think I can look after her. The safest place for her is the Hospital.

So last month I asked the Doctor to place my daughter in hospital. In 5 years I have NEVER asked to hospitalize my daughter. Did the doctor respect me? Did anyone listen to me? Who supported me? NOT a single service nor government agency.

Now where is our daughter on the street, an endangerment to herself and others. I called the police and tell them this, their first response is if doctor didn’t put her in hospital, than police won’t either. So when she becomes another story in the news, remember I am the mother NO ONE LISTENED TO.


No comments:

Post a Comment